Updated: Oct 24, 2019
I've been spending the week researching and remodeling my website. Thinking a lot about my brand, my work and my personality and how my site currently reflects those things. Yikes! It was falling short of where I wanted it to be, but not completely lost. So, I've come up with the following six "must" changes that I'm working towards.
1. More white space! I had so many dark backgrounds. For someone else's work that might be the perfect thing, but I tend to paint with a lot of bold colors and they were getting lost and blending into the background. Nothing showcases your work like a beautiful crisp white backdrop. It's like hanging your paintings in a gallery. This is a huge MUST change!
2. Big, beautiful pictures of my work. Admittedly, I didn't have the sharpest, brightest images of my paintings. How can you really show off your work without them? Answer: you can't! It's a MUST change!
The image below is a screenshot of my current website. I don't think it's awful, but it has potential to be SO MUCH better! You can see the dark header that runs all across the page with the giant font - it's distracting. And, if you look at the images, there isn't any consistency with the lighting the photos were taken under. All of this is getting an overhaul!
3. Calls to action. I had one piddly "Join my newsletter" button down on the footer of my home page. I doubt anyone ever saw it, so how we're folks going to get reminders to come see the awesome content I'm adding?! Change was in order.
4. I want to shoot video! This is going to be a really fun change and challenge! I'm brand new to the video world (fair warning! ;P), but I think it's a really great way to show off you work and to reach a whole new audience.
5. Prints, prints, prints! People are always asking if I sell prints of my paintings. This has always intimidated me for some silly reason, so I haven't?! But, it's time to give people what they want and concur that fear! Prints will be available in the near future!
6. Blog fearlessly! I tend to psych myself out when it comes to blogging. I get worried about finding the perfect topic and just the right words, so in the end I don't wind up writing a thing. When in reality, I have so much going on with my art that there's always a story to share! I have a plan and fiery passion, so I'm excited to see where this new found dedication takes my blogging!
I'll be busy at work, so don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a thing! :)